Alan - Over 40 years of horticultural experience
- Alan Johnson Landscape Services - 16 years as sole proprietor designing, installing, and managing native landscapes.
- North Carolina Botanical Garden - 32 years as grounds supervisor working with native plants
- Longwood Gardens - gained knowledge & experience in a variety of garden designs at one of the largest public gardens in the U.S.
- Sandhills Community College - Landscape Gardening program provided the basis of horticultural and landscape design
- Recent Training & Certification:
- NC Pesticide Application 026-24968
- NC State University - Residential Rain Gardening Certification #207
Meg Johnson started her career in the outdoors working with a conservation corps while pursuing a bachelor’s degree in biology at UNC Asheville. After completing her degree she continued trail work with the National Park Service in Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado. She served on their trail crew for 6 seasons. She moved to Salt Lake City, Utah, balancing seasonal ski resort winters and fine gardening work in summers, leading to a new passion of growing her own garden and creating accessible nature right outside your door. She completed a Master Gardener program in Utah, and is continually learning about sustainable gardening, land stewardship, and ecological design.
Will Ferry grew up in Delaware with a passion for skiing and the outdoors, and moved west and opted out of a traditional college education. He worked in Idaho and Montana, doing trail work and invasive plant removal in conservation corps as a crew member and a crew leader. He continued a career in trail work, joining the National Park Service in Colorado, and later a non-profit trail crew in Utah for a total of 7 seasons. More recently he has been working for a landscaping company in Salt Lake City doing fine gardening and hardscaping, including patios, fences, raised beds made with lumber or steel.